The Historic Preservation Board shall provide the formal process to approve or disprove, within the Historic Preservation District, the external design of proposed new buildings or structure, or of such proposed changes in existing buildings or structures as would substantially alter their appearance, by enforcing the “Waynesville Historic Preservation Board Rules and Regulations” and the municipal ordinances which apply to the Historic Preservation District. The Board shall meet twice each month before regularly scheduled Council meetings to consider applications for Certificates of Appropriateness submitted by property or business owners.
Historic Preservation Map (Feb 2010 legislation)
Mandatory Portion of District (MPD) is along MAin Street and around Friends Museum in darker shading or individually designated properties.
Advisory Portion of District (APD) is non shaded area bound by dashed line on map.
Dave Stubbs, Council Representative
Joette Dedden, Planning Commission Representative
VACANT, Historical Society Representative, Chair
Brian Blankenship, District Resident
Linda Murray, District Resident
Amanda Garret, District Resident
VACANT, Business Community Representative
The Historic Preservation Board shall consist of seven members appointed by the Council. These appointees shall include one member of the Planning Commission, one member of Council, one member of the Waynesville Business Community, three residents or property owners from within the district, and one member of the Waynesville Historical Society (if the society goes out of existence, then four residents). Appointment will be for two-year overlapping terms, except for the Council and Planning Commission members whose terms may change annually.
Charter of the Municipality of Waynesville, Ohio
Section 7.06:Powers and Duties
Meets as needed
In the 1820′s and 1830′s Waynesville was the half-way stop on the Accommodation Line, a stagecoach line running from Springfield to Cincinnati, Ohio. The line ran down Third Street and out of town, ceasing in existence once the railroad came through this area. TheAccommodation Line Booklet was published in 1995 by local residents Ed and Adah Andres to document this piece of Waynesville history.